COSHH Yellow Hazardous / Flammable Storage Cabinets - 1829x915x457mm (HxWxD)
UK Mainland Delivery just £6.95*
*some postcode & product exclusions apply, delivery charges are applied during checkout
6FT DSEAR & HSG51 Compliant Cabinets
A genuinely top-notch, UK manufactured product supplied with a Certificate of Conformity
- With a fully welded, heavy-duty steel construction that you'll benefit from for many years to come - you won't find any rivets or spot welding in this solid custodian of workshop safety!
- There are 7 cabinet heights to choose from, with this 6ft tall being our best-seller
- Buy wisely. Know what you’re getting for your money and discover why Cabtek Cabinets provide you with quality, peace of mind and excellent value for money - here's a quick help
- Not all cabinets are made the same way. You'll be glad you took a moment to read our FAQ’s (below) for important considerations about sumps and shelves and to help you get the right product for your requirements
- Finished inside and out using high grade epoxy-polyester powder coating process for excellent durability
- You can adjust the fully welded shelves in 25mm increments so you can store your different sized containers and they'll act as spill trays to catch any smaller spills too
- Our cabinet base features a fully-welded, non-removable 50 litre built-in sump for the safe collection of any spillages
- Top tip. If you are comparing other cabinets, check the style and the capacity of the sump and consider this as part of your risk assessment
- All doors are reinforced and close-fitting with 2-point locking and metal handles (2 x keys supplied)
- Supplied fully assembled with flammable liquid warning labels
- Shelves have a UDL / Safe load of 50kg - 3 shelves included with this cabinet
If you have a product or delivery question? Please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 043 0161 for assistance or to place your order over the phone. We’re ready to help you now.
Hazardous Substance Storage Cabinets
Our range of Hazardous Substance Storage Cabinets comply with all current standards and are built to last. They offer safety compliance and value, without compromising on product quality. Here's how they measure up.
- Seams and joints are fully welded throughout (not flat pack produced and rivited like inferior products)
- All joints at corners are free from openings or gaps
- Doors are reinforced to prevent distortion and to withstand the knocks and bumps of regular use
- Doors / lids are close-fitting to the frame, securely sealing the unit when in closed position
- Materials used provide a fire resistance of 30 minutes
- All materials have a melting point greater than 750 degrees celcius
- Cabinets supplied with Flammable Liquid warning labels
All our Flammable / Hazardous Substance / COSHH / Acid / Pesticide cabinets meet the performance requirements of DSEAR ACoP L136 paragraphs 94-96 along with appendices A & B and paragraph 104.
All cabinets and bins comply to HSG51 Storage of Flammable Liquids guidance. Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquid Gases Regulations, section 5 (1.D) and the guide to regulation No.5 (17), together with the factory Inspectorates Certificate of Approval No.1 parts 3 and 4.
All materials used in manufacture are in accordance with BS476 parts 20 and 22 to achieve a 30 minute fire-resisting structure.
|Delivery||Delivery 7 days|
|Standard||Manufactured to comply with Flammable & LPG Regulation 1972, HSG51 and DSEAR|
|Sump Capacity||50 Litre|
|Number of Doors||2|
|Number of Shelves||Varies - see table above|
|Weight||6ft Cabinet is 72kg|
|Type||Floor Standing Cabinets|
Yes, extra shelves are available, just search for 07-0155 and select the size / colour required
There are 3 shelves in the 6ft cabinet, but you can order extra by searching for product code 07-0155
You can easily alter the position of your shelves, just by moving the shelving clips in 25mm increments.
Did you know? Our shelves are fully welded (not folded) so they should be positioned in your cabinet lip side up, as they'll work as a drip tray to catch minor spills and drips from dropping onto the shelves below.
That's a common question we're asked. Our sumps are not removable and on our 6ft high cabinet, the sump is 150mm high with a 50-litre capacity. This provides a completely leak-proof base to all our cabinets, and removes the serious risk of someone potentially trying to remove the sump containing a hazardous liquid and accidentally spilling this over themselves or over others. Some cabinets from other manufacturers do have a removable sumps, with much lower capacity (as low as 27 litres on the best selling 6ft cabinet) but this is something you would have to risk assess for yourself. We have also seen products where the removable sump isn't tight fitting, so if a spill runs down the wall of the cabinet it may miss the sump completely and just run through the base of the cabinet to the floor. Cabtek cabinets have high quality, fully welded sumps and for good reason - they will contain 50 litres of liquid, without the risk of leaks. We believe this should be a really important consideration before you buy a cheaper alternative.
Our shelves do not have holes in them. They are fully welded, powder coated and are designed to act as a spill trays. If a spill exceeds the capacity of the shelf, the spill will be captured in the integral sump / base of the cabinet. We are aware of some products on the market that have holes in the shelves, which would mean a spill on the top shelf would pour though to the shelves and products stored below, regardless of the size of the spill. We don't think having holes in a shelf is a good idea, other than cutting a small amount of raw material and cost out of every product, but if it then doesn't do the job you might want it to do, what's the benefit? You would need to decide which style of shelf is best for you, but our Cabtek cabinet shelves are completely hole free, and for a good reason!!
Yes, sure this item also works as a free standing unit
Cabtek Cabinets are Manufactured here in the UK. Cabtek have been making high quality Coshh and Hazardous Substance Cabinets for over 25 years. The build quality is exceptional and unlike some products available on the internet, our cabinets are fully welded (not flat packed or simply rivited together) and you will benefit from many years, trouble free service. You'll be pleased you chose to buy this UK made product.
If you have seen a lower priced product, it's worth checking the specification to see if it has any welding, particularly if it will provide a higher capacity leak-proof sump. Not all cabinets are the same, so it's worth a closer look before you make your choice of purchase.
Yes, our range of Cabtek cabinets can be manufactured in bespoke sizes for workplace and lab fit-out projects. Typically you would pay a high premium for just 1 unit of a bespoke size, but if the order was for a reasonable number of cabinets, we can provide costsings and lead-time information on application, please just call us or drop us an email to email@example.com