Updated May 2018 reflecting Data Protection Laws (GDPR)
Safety Buyer UK Ltd (company number 08070393) (we/us) are committed to protecting your privacy, including your personal data. We will be the data controller of any personal data which we collect from or about you. This Policy sets out the terms on which we will hold and process your personal data. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your data, you can contact us using the contact details below.
Please read this Policy carefully. By contracting with us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be used in accordance with this Policy.
When Do We Collect Information?
- We will collect information from you when you become our customer or supplier, or contact us in person, by telephone, by email, by post, or by fax.
- We may record images of you on CCTV when you visit our premises. We also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, enter a competition or promotion, provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website.
- If you trade with us via an approved trade / credit account we may collect information about you from credit reference agencies when we undertake checks such as credit and identity checks.
- Information may also be collected about you when you visit our website (for example via cookies), such as your IP address and other browser-generated information. For more informaion please see the List of cookies we collect.
What Information Will We Collect?
We may collect the following information: -
- Your company details and contact details or those of your employees, such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Details of any goods or services you sell to us, or ask us to supply
- Details of your credit history for the purposes of assessing our credit risk before we provide a trade / credit account
How We Will Use Your Information?
We use information held about you in the following ways: -
- to undertake checks such as credit and identity checks to enable us to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations and for the purposes of assessing our credit risk;
- to comply with our contractual obligations to you;
- to help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it;
- to deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you;
- for payment verification, debt tracing and debt recovery;
- to enable you to participate in our promotions or competitions;
- to enable you to participate in the interactive features of our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device;
- to generate statistics relating to use of our website;
- to provide you with information about other goods or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already contracted with us to provide, or enquired about. You may opt out of receiving this information when we collect your details or at any time by contacting us using the contact details below;
- if required to do so by law and to the extent necessary for the proper operation of our systems, to protect us/our customers, or to enforce the terms of any contract that we have entered into with you;
- to notify you of changes to our terms of business;
- to ensure that our premises are secure and remain a safe working environment.
Our use of your personal data will be for one or more of the legitimate interests described above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your information: -
- to businesses that are part of the same group of companies as us, or that become part of that group;
- to our IT providers and others who provide us with support services (such as shipping and delivery contractors) so that we can comply with our contractual obligations to you;
- to our appointed accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers (including our bankers), to the extent that they require access to the information in order to advise us;
- to credit reference agencies and other organisations to allow us to undertake the checks set out below;
- to debt collection agencies or to the Court;
- if required to do so by any legal requirement;
- to law enforcement agencies and others in order to investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable laws;
- to HMRC if obliged to do so by law, who may pass this on to tax authorities in other jurisdictions; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers and suppliers may be one of the transferred assets.
We will not disclose your information to third parties other than as outlined above.
Online Payments made via our website
Sage Pay is our chosen payment service provider (PSP), they are known as one of the most trusted payment companies in Europe – we are just one of their 50,000 customers. All transaction information passed between our website and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and once on Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards. Furthermore, Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
No cardholder information is stored within the safetybuyer.com website
Sage Pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance.
For further information on Sage Pay security and privacy policies please visit https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy
Storage of Your Personal Data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, as set out above in this Policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
We retain personal data collected in connection with the performance of our contractual obligations to you and the information provided to us for identity checks and anti-money laundering checks for 20 years after performance of our contract with you. You may require us to delete personal data once that period has expired unless we are required to retain that personal data for a longer period by law.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the following rights which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below: -
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it
- to prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- to obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
- in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to require us to transmit that data to another data controller where technically feasible;
- to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing;
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used; and
- to withdraw your consent to any use by us of your personal data otherwise than for one of the legitimate purposes set out above.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time. Any substantive changes we make to our Policy in the future will be notified to you in writing, but we would advise you to check our website regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most up-to-date version.
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding this Policy or would like to exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at: -
Post: Safety Buyer UK Ltd, Unit 6C Arrow Trading Estate, Audenshaw, Manchester, M34 5LR
If we cannot resolve your concerns, you may report a concern to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone (0303) 123 1113 for further information about your rights.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|_cfduid||Used by the content network Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic.|
|_ga||Used by Google Analytics to register a unique ID for statisical data capture.|
|_gat||Used by google Analytics to throttle request rates.|
|_gid||Used by Google Analytics to register a unique ID for statisical data capture.|
|ads/ga-audiences||Used by Google Adwords to re-engage visitors based on visitor behaviour|
|collect||Used by Google Analytics to send data about users browsing behaviour|
|NID||Used by Google Commerce to register a unique ID|
|OTZ||Used by Google Commerce|
|__SS||Used by SharpSpring Marketing Service - This cookies are used to track visitors and form submissions.|
|__ss_referrer||Used by SharpSpring Marketing Service - This cookies are used to track visitors and form submissions.|
|__ss_tk||Used by SharpSpring Marketing Service - This cookies are used to track visitors and form submissions.|
|vsid||Used by Provide Support live chat service to register a unique ID|