Hazardous Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets
UK Mainland Delivery just £8.95*
*some postcode & product exclusions apply, delivery charges are applied during checkout
DSEAR & HSG51 Compliant Cabinets
A genuinely top-notch, UK manufactured product supplied with a Certificate of Conformity
- Fully welded 0.9mm and 1.2mm robust steel construction that you'll benefit from for many years to come
- Not flat packed, Not riveted and without a leaky base like inferior products!
- Take a closer look at our build quality and watch our video below to see why Cabtek cabinets combine quality, value and peace of mind - and others may not!
- Manufactured in accordance with BS476 parts 20 and 22 to achieve a 30-minute fire-resisting structure
- Reinforced doors with 2-point locking, supplied with 2 keys
- Fully welded shelves have a UDL of 50kg and can be adjusted in 25mm increments and also act as spill trays to catch any smaller spills
- Fully welded sumps to collect any spills, with capacity of 50 litres on larger cabinets - our video demonstrates why the type of sump is important
- Finished inside and out using high grade epoxy-polyester powder coating process for excellent durability
- UK manufactured, 10-year warranty, supplied with Certificate of Conformity
- Delivery 3-5 working days
With so many similar-looking cabinets available online and even more businesses recognising the need for COSHH-compliant cabinets, our aim is to encourage buyers to look more closely at the advertised descriptions, select the right cabinet and then inspect the product on delivery to make sure it will do what it’s supposed to do.
If you’ve completed a risk assessment for substances hazardous to health and identified that you need to buy a COSHH / Flammable Cabinet, you might then head to the internet to buy something that’s readily available, from a reputable store and priced competitively – after all, that’s the power of the internet, right?
Not so fast.
Your Google search will return a plethora of results, but these hazardous storage cabinets are NOT all the same, so please read on.
We encourage you to watch this video on hazardous cabinets to help you to visualise the different production styles and features from one cabinet to another.
If we can highlight just one important feature of these types of hazardous storage cabinets, it would be the cabinet base or sump.
Cabinets are usually described as having a ‘sump capacity’, which is the amount of liquid it should safely retain in its base in the event of a spill, so it’s a good idea to compare this capacity when making your purchase decision. For example, it’s not uncommon for the sump capacity on the most popular sized 6ft cabinet to have a sump capacity ranging from 25 litres up to 50 litres.
Some cabinets are described as having ‘removable sumps’ (or trays) which might seem to be a good idea, allowing you to remove the tray containing a spill. However, the temptation to manoeuvre a tray of hazardous liquid out of the cabinet poses an obvious risk and a less obvious risk of not replacing the tray.
Removable sumps are smaller than the base of the cabinet, (or else they couldn’t be removed) which leaves the risk of a spill running down the inside of the cabinet and missing the tray altogether, and if the cabinet doesn’t have a fully sealed base, then hazardous materials can escape the cabinet.
A fixed sump removes the potential risks identified above. Our video shows you some of the different designs you can find online and will help you decide which model of cabinet will best satisfy the needs of your risk assessment and application.
Our range of Cabtek cabinets are made here in the UK and have been delivering quality & compliance since 1993.
|Delivery||Delivery 3-5 days|